The Traxxas Slash, whether in its 2WD or 4WD version, is a highly popular RC car known for its performance and affordability. While the stock parts of the Slash 4×4 are decent, many enthusiasts prefer to upgrade them to enhance the car’s durability and overall performance. In this article, we’ll discuss the top Traxxas Slash 4×4 upgrades that you should consider implementing right away.
- Shock Caps: Replace the stock shock caps with aluminum shock caps. These stronger shock caps offer improved durability and better handling by effectively absorbing the pressure between the shocks and the car. Upgrade your shock caps to enhance the overall performance of your Slash 4×4.
- Shock Shafts: Upgrade the stock shock shafts to hardened shock shafts for enhanced reliability and resilience. Hardened shock shafts can withstand more intense driving conditions and provide improved performance compared to the standard ones. Consider replacing them for a smoother and more enjoyable driving experience.
- Bearing Adapter/Carrier: Upgrade the bearing adapter, a small but crucial part of the slipper clutch. Replace the stock plastic bearing adapter with an aluminum one to handle friction between the slipper clutch and the motor mount effectively. Aluminum bearing carriers can withstand heat and pressure better, ensuring reliable performance.
- Motor Mount: Upgrade the motor mount to protect your motor and improve overall durability. An upgraded motor mount not only provides enhanced protection to the motor but also works in conjunction with the bearing carriers, creating a stronger setup for your Slash 4×4. Consider an aluminum motor mount for optimal performance.
- Chassis Brace: Increase the durability of your Slash 4×4 by adding an aluminum chassis brace. This brace provides additional protection to the chassis, minimizing the risk of damage during high-speed runs and intense off-road driving. Strengthen your car’s structure and enjoy increased stability with this simple upgrade.
- Traxxas Slash 4×4 Axles: Upgrade the stock plastic axles to stronger options made from steel or aluminum. The stock axles are prone to breaking, especially during high-speed runs. Upgraded axles provide improved durability, ensuring better handling and reducing the likelihood of failures during intense driving sessions.
- Chassis Cover: Install a chassis cover to protect internal parts from dust, mud, and water. This cover prevents the loss of vulnerable components and adds an extra layer of protection. Ensure the longevity of your Slash 4×4 by keeping it safe from external elements.
- Heatsink: Consider adding a heatsink to your motor to dissipate heat effectively. While not essential, a heatsink can help prevent overheating issues and ensure the longevity of your motor. It’s a cost-effective way to maintain optimal motor performance and prevent potential problems down the line.
- Servo: Upgrade your stock servo to a high-quality option for improved durability and reliability. A more robust servo enhances the responsiveness of your steering, allowing for better control and precision while driving. Choose a servo known for its durability to withstand intense driving conditions.
- RPM A-Arms: Upgrade the A-arms of your Slash 4×4 to stronger options, such as RPM A-arms. These aftermarket A-arms provide enhanced stability and durability, crucial for off-road driving and jumps. By upgrading the A-arms, you’ll have greater confidence in your Slash 4×4’s performance and overall handling.
By implementing these top Traxxas Slash 4×4 upgrades, you can significantly enhance your RC car’s durability, performance, and overall enjoyment. Remember to choose high-quality aftermarket parts and follow installation instructions carefully for optimal results. Upgrade your Slash 4×4 now and experience an even more exciting and reliable driving experience.