Comparing the Traxxas Rustler and Stampede can be challenging as they are both popular and powerful RC cars. Here’s a summary of the comparison between the two:
- Traxxas Stampede has a high truck design with big wheels, suitable for off-roading and handling rocky terrains.
- Traxxas Rustler has a lower center of gravity with smaller wheels, making it more aerodynamic and suitable for speed and high jumps.
- Rustler’s body has a clipless design, allowing for easy removal with one click, while the Stampede’s body requires four clips for removal.
- Both the Rustler and Stampede share the same platform as the Traxxas Slash, known for its reliability.
- Stampede’s higher chassis gives it an advantage in off-roading and landing high jumps, but it may be less ideal for sharp turns.
- Rustler’s lower chassis makes it more suitable for high-speed turns without flipping, but it may struggle on rough terrains.
- Both the Rustler and Stampede come with a Titan 12-Turn 550 Modified Motor and an XL-5 Waterproof Electronic Speed Control, allowing them to reach speeds of up to 30 mph.
- The electronic speed control offers three modes: Training, Sport, and Race.
- The brushless version of either car includes Traxxas Stability Management (TSM), enhancing driving control.
- Both cars come with a NiMH battery, but users can upgrade to a 3s Lipo battery for increased power and performance.
Upgrades and Price:
- Traxxas offers various versions of the Rustler and Stampede with different features and power options.
- Upgrading parts are readily available and compatible with both models.
- The prices of both cars are in a similar range, but may vary depending on the version and season.
- Choose the Traxxas Stampede if you prefer off-roading, handling rocky terrains, and landing high jumps.
- Opt for the Traxxas Rustler if you enjoy speed, high jumps, and agile turns without flipping.
Ultimately, the choice between the Rustler and Stampede depends on your preferences and intended usage. Both models are powerful, reliable, and suitable for beginners and experienced users alike.