omparing the Traxxas Rustler and Stampede can indeed be difficult as they are both powerful and popular RC cars. Here’s a summary of the comparison between the two:
- Traxxas Stampede has a high truck design with big wheels, suitable for off-roading and handling rocky terrains.
- Traxxas Rustler looks lower, has a lower center of gravity, smaller wheels, and a sporty, aerodynamic design, making it ideal for speed and high jumps.
- Rustler’s body has a clipless design, allowing for easy removal with one click, while the Stampede’s body requires four clips for removal.
- Both the Rustler and Stampede share the same platform as the Traxxas Slash, known for its reliability.
- Stampede’s higher chassis gives it an advantage in off-roading, especially with rocky terrains and high jumps.
- Rustler’s lower chassis makes it more suitable for high-speed turns without flipping, but it may struggle on rough terrains.
- Traxxas Rustler and Stampede have common parts, including a Titan 12-Turn 550 Modified Motor with an internal cooling fan and an XL-5 Waterproof Electronic Speed Control.
- Both cars can reach speeds of up to 30mph with the 4WD system.
- The electronic speed control offers three modes: Training, Sport, and Race.
- The brushless version of either car includes Traxxas Stability Management (TSM), enhancing driving control.
- Both cars come with a NiMH battery, but users can upgrade to a 3s Lipo battery for increased power and performance.
Upgrades and Price:
- Traxxas offers various versions of the Rustler and Stampede with different features and power options.
- Upgrading parts are readily available and compatible with both models.
- The prices of both cars are in a similar range, but may vary depending on the version and season.
- Choose the Traxxas Stampede if you prefer off-roading, handling rocky terrains, and landing high jumps.
- Opt for the Traxxas Rustler if you enjoy speed, high jumps, and agile turns without flipping.
Ultimately, the choice between the Rustler and Stampede depends on your preferences and intended usage. Both models are powerful, reliable, and suitable for beginners and experienced users alike.